The case results we aim for and ultimately achieve are a product of the various concerns our clients have and the strategy we employ in an attempt to relieve these concerns.
Our clients generally have one (or likely more) of the following concerns when charged with a vehicle and traffic law violation or misdemeanor.
- Client has a clean record and wants to avoid points/keep it that way.
- Client has a bad record or a particularly serious case and is concerned with a suspension of driving privileges.
- Client is worried about insurance increases.
- Client is worried about large fines/surcharges.
- Client has been charged with a misdemeanor and is concerned with a permanent criminal record.
- Client is concerned with loss of a CDL or job loss in general or inability to do their job due to some driving restrictions.
How we typically handle a case depends a good deal on the charges at hand, the driving history, the client’s individual goals and which type of New York traffic court is handling the case.
- In the local courts, plea bargaining (reduction of a serious violation to a less serious violation) is an available option. In some cases we may be able to leverage this into an arrangement that keeps driving privileges intact, prevents insurance increases or avoids hefty state surcharges. In other cases, we may have to consider more aggressive options if we can’t achieve our goals via a plea bargain.
- In the Traffic Violations Bureau (NYC), there is no plea bargaining available and we will be proceeding to a hearing. Here, we will cross examine the prosecuting officer and submit arguments to the court based on the officer’s testimony, his notes and recollection of the incident and our extensive understanding of what arguments the Judges at the TVB typically accept. Moreover, we understand that the Judges at the TVB have discretion on certain matters that local court judges don’t and we’ll use this knowledge to help shape our TVB strategy and the arguments we set forth on behalf of clients.
While we can never guarantee a particular outcome, the many testimonials provided by our clients are a small sample of the thousands of motorists we help every year avoid the various penalties associated with traffic ticket convictions.
I would definitely recommend them. They tell you exactly what they are going to be doing and then go out and do it! They are very responsive and their prices are reasonable. Even when I push them to get better answers, they didn’t just promise to sign me up. They got me out of trouble without me having to go up to the NY state from DC. Thank you Feifer & Greenberg.
- Shahryar Feizi
My experience with Feifer & Greenberg was excellent. Very professional, knowledgeable, and honest. Karima Khan took my case and was very caring, kept me informed at all times, responded quickly to all my questions, and had my case well under control making me feel at ease. I highly recommend them. Best of all, they got my 6-point speeding ticket dismissed.
- Eugene Kingsbury
I have been using Feifer and Greenberg for all of my driving ticket issues for about 10 years. They are always reliable, professional, and have been able to dismiss or reduce many tickets I have received. I highly recommend them to anyone I know and am thankful I always have them to consult for any issues I may have.
- Han Lee.
Super fast service. Extremely experienced, professional and knowledgeable! Put my mind at ease, handled everything from beginning to end and i didn't have to leave the comfort of my home! If i should ever need an experienced professional in the future, Feifer & Greenberg will definitely be my choice, hands down!