If you are found guilty of a traffic violation, you may be subject to:
- Fines and surcharges due to the court. These alone may justify the expense of a traffic ticket attorney.
- Points added to your license
- License Suspension – Either due to a specific type of violation or an accumulation of points, convictions can lead to suspension of your driver license.
- Revocation – Convictions for certain types of violations can lead to full revocation of your driver license.
- DMV Driver Assessments – Potential state surcharges based on point accumulation.
- Unemployment – If you drive on behalf or your company, accumulation of points makes you a greater insurance risk and could result in your termination.
- Raised insurance premiums – Convictions, even if they carry no points, make a motorist a greater risk to insure and therefore subject to higher insurance rates
Our mission at Feifer & Greenberg is always to eliminate or minimize the potential damage caused by traffic violation convictions. See how we can help.
A note on Automobile Insurance
Our clients frequently ask how much their insurance may go up if they are convicted. Unfortunately, we cannot answer that question. Insurance companies consider factors such as a driver’s age, sex, residence, type of car and driving history in setting rates. There are too many factors for any attorney to speculate. However, our experience does show it is safe to say that the more convictions on your record (and the greater risk you are to insure) the more you will pay for automobile insurance.
WE MAY BE ABLE TO HELP LOWER YOUR AUTO INSURANCE. Click Here to learn more.
FREE CASE EVALUATION
We have organized a statewide network of attorneys. In our network are both attorneys who work for Feifer & Greenberg and attorneys who work for other firms that regularly provide of-counsel representation to our clients. This statewide network allows us to match clients in a particular county or court with local attorneys who regularly appear on similar matters in the same county or court. It enables us to help clients anywhere in New York State and in our opinion provide particularly effective and affordable representation for our clients. Local attorneys can draw on their particular local experiences and, with travel time and expense removed from the equation, help us keep our legal fees low.
We can only guarantee that we will provide the best possible client service and legal representation. We can’t guarantee results. These are legal proceedings and we can’t promise you that every case will end in our favor. We will always honestly assess your case (both good and bad) and set realistic expectations during your consultation. We’ll discuss our goals and objectives but no attorney can ever guarantee how a case will conclude.
We recommend fighting almost all tickets. Even if the current NY traffic tickets aren’t particularly harmful, you have an incentive to keep your record clean for the future. Convictions quickly lead to surcharges, insurance increases and other complications. You should strongly consider any decision to pay a ticket without fighting.
Our lawyers are experienced, prepared attorneys who understand the nuances of fighting traffic tickets. Experience, preparation and good decision making help us to help our clients avoid points, surcharges, insurance increases and the other negatives that can easily result from a traffic ticket.